Sunday, August 16, 2009

Final project proposal

Greetings from the island of Pohnpei. Our team have decided to work on a topic concerning the preservation of our culture. We think that this is something important to us and any other student of Micronesia. Some people used to say, "You have to know your own culture before you can appreciate other cultures". How can you understand other languages if you don't know your own. Our ancestors knew what the society needed in order to preserve it so they have came up with traditions that have prevailed. I hope that this might make some sense to some of you. I would love to hear your comments on this subject.

1 comment:

  1. Pardon my chiming in! As you put together material for your projects, feel free to peruse and reuse my materials. There are pages with links to images and information from Pohnpei, Kosrae, college cultural days, and my ethnobotanical classes. My materials on the college site are freely available under Creative Commons 3.0 -by. I also have a blog with tags for Pohnpei and Kosrae materials.

    ReplyDelete